Important Information Regarding Pandemic Electronics Benefits Transfer (P-EBT)
Please read and see if you qualify for these benefits
Please review this information to see if your family qualifies for this benefit to offset the cost of meals for children during school closure. Thank you.
1. The P-EBT program is available to all families with children eligible for free or reduced meals whether or not the school continued to provide meals.
2. What Nutrition Services considered the local student id would be what a student enters for a pin number for their lunch account or similar internal activities at the district. Nutrition Services was advised that the Adviser ID (assigned by NDE) would not be known by the families. The parent or guardian can call the school to get the local student id.
3. Households already receiving SNAP benefits do not need to apply for the P-EBT, the funds will be added to their SNAP EBT card automatically, we would appreciate if letters were still sent to these families.
4. Households that do not receive SNAP benefits must apply for the P-EBT card.
5. Students that qualified after March are eligible for April and May P-EBT benefits. The NDE has shared eligibility dates with DHHS and these families would receive partial benefit amount of the program.
6. Enrolled P-K and Head Start students that received school meals are eligible for P-EBT benefits.